Music Play

***Note to anyone who comes by here to listen to the music ...You will now have to scroll down to the player on the right side and press play yourself. This is to accommodate those who only come to read and are distracted by the music;}

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

E-mealz

At my small group tonight, my friend Erin mentioned how our pastor had recommended: e-mealz as a great way to budget for dinners and to save time with a ready made shopping list. It's a $5/month charge, BUT you get 7 meals each week complete with recipes and a complete shopping list, and if you go store specific (you can only choose Aldi, Publix--WHAT I CHOSE, or Wal-Mart grocery/supercenter) the meals are based on a majority of sale items! For those of you without access to any of these stores, you can choose "any-store" options. At the suggestion of my friend, I chose the low fat option (not because we're fat, just because it's a good level of healthiness without being "over the top";)

So, I'm really excited to try it out. I love the list as I can modify it easily if I'm not going to choose certain meals or cross off items that I already have. It is also arranged by aisles/areas in the store! It is endorsed by Dave Ramsey a sort of Christian finance guru (if you haven't heard of him) that's helped alot of my friends down here with his plan/advice to budget effectively and get finances under control.

So, I'd love to hear if any of you already do this or are going to try it. I will let you know how it goes for me...I still plan to do my "regular rotation" of favorites, but it's great to have so many great choices to help me in an area of weakness--planning meals for the week and shopping efficiently!

1 comment:

Julie said...

i would love to hear about it and know if you think you could use it over here... thanks

Background