Music Play

***Note to anyone who comes by here to listen to the music ...You will now have to scroll down to the player on the right side and press play yourself. This is to accommodate those who only come to read and are distracted by the music;}

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sacred moments on Mother's Day

For the second year in a row, I took some time out of this Mother's Day to visit my mother's grave and plant a flower there. Since shortly after she passed away, this place has been special to me. I don't visit often enough, but truly experience the promise of resurrection as I place myself there. It has a gorgeous view and I always sing at the top of my lungs the words found in
Job 19: 25-26

"For I know my Redeemer lives and in the end He will stand on the Earth,
though my flesh, it be destroyed, yet with my eyes I will see God!"

You probably can't see it, but on the headstone is the verse from
Revelation 2:10
"Be faithful until death and I will give you the crown of life."


It was so special to have JJ there. I so look forward to being able to make his Mor Mor real to him as I share stories with him as he gets older.

I am also thankful for the remembrance of my mother on this Mother's Day. Never far from my heart whose faithful words spoken in love instruct me as a mother. I consider myself so blessed to have had 28 years of such a mother...

A Blessed Mother's Day to you all!

1 comment:

Sara said...

so special to see you there with JJ . . . just wish I could have been there too with my little ones. love you!

Background