Music Play

***Note to anyone who comes by here to listen to the music ...You will now have to scroll down to the player on the right side and press play yourself. This is to accommodate those who only come to read and are distracted by the music;}

Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's a...


GIRL!!!!
Those of you who have known me for a while, know that we didn't find out if JJ was a boy or girl until he was born! We were intending to do the same with this one, but started to re-think it a few weeks ago. I went back and forth and finally told Jared it was his decision...the main benefit of finding out would be being able to prepare for a girl--if it were a girl. We won't change from the neutral nursery we had for JJ, but it will be nice to be able to get some clothes for her from sisters and friends:)before she comes.
When the ultrasound tech told me that it was a girl I sort of screamed and scared her. I guess I didn't realize how much I wanted a girl. It doesn't seem right to say so, because I love my boy so much and would love a brother for him, but many of you may know that we've wanted to name a girl after my mother, Susanne (Susie:) So it was quite special to find out a few days before Mother's Day that we'd have a little Susie...a happy and rejoicing thing in what can be a sad time since my mother passed away (it will be 7 years this month!)
On the left picture, you can see her heart and might be able to make out the four chambers! She has her hand up in both photos and you can see a bit of her arm on the one to the right too.
We are most happy that she is developing perfectly and you can already see that she is beautiful:)
(I apologize for the quality...we haven't figured out our scanner yet, so I had to take a picture of the sonogram pictures)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Julie said...

yeah :) I know this means a lot to you Abby... you being a twin and all!!! I can officially say I am jealous :) Although I wouldn't have changed Jasper for a girl... so excited for you!!!

Staci Landis said...

Congratulations. :-) How special and beautiful to find out before Mother's Day. :-)

Sara said...

Yeah! Lil' Susie's on the way!

Jerusha said...

This is wonderful news. Congratulations friend.

Background