Music Play

***Note to anyone who comes by here to listen to the music ...You will now have to scroll down to the player on the right side and press play yourself. This is to accommodate those who only come to read and are distracted by the music;}

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cruise Collages...Part 2

I think it's very funny how I look so happy in the photo to the left. I think it's because even in my pregnant state, I look pretty tiny compared to our BIG BOAT!!! Jared is on the right posing on the main shopping street, "Bay Street" in Nassau.


Below are our several attempts to take a picture of ourselves by the beautiful waterfall along the "Queen's Staircase" and the one on the bottom right is when we were coming back down and found another couple to take our picture for us.


This was a gorgeous tree in the center of town that I think is beautiful no matter how edited. It makes me think of the verse I have long loved in Isaiah 61 "They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."


I took these pictures below for my Aunt Debbie. It was a memorial to the Bahamians lost in the "Great War" (WWI). I just found out on her visit that all three of her sons will be in the military. One is currently serving and two are preparing. I thought she would really appreciate it. As soon as she read it, she said it did give her chills, calling it beautiful poetry.
In case it is too difficult for you to read:
"Bahamians, let this of you be said: 'That you who live are worthy of your dead.' These gave their lives that you who live may reap a richer harvest, ere you fall asleep."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Background