1) My husband, Jared, and I went to the same high school. We didn't know each other them, because he was a FRESHMAN when I was a SENIOR! I did know his Mom and his older brother in school. We figured that we probably passed each other in the hall...but would never have guessed that 11 years after I graduated and 8 years after he graduated we would be married:-)
2) I have written poetry ever since I was in grade school. My first poems rhymed a lot and were pretty flowery. Everything usually comes around and works out--I never had that dark poetry vibe. As life has gotten more full and busy, it has been a non-existent part of my life. Writing in general, I believe is a dying wish that my mother had for me, that I would leave my mark on the world in some way through my writing...Here is a poem I wrote 8 years ago, or so, it is the only one I remember by heart and I'm not sure where any of my others are:
Can you tell
blades of pain
just founds rain's
drink the link
3) Movies and books have to have a happy ending for me to read them/watch them. I will look at a book I might read and look at the end to make sure the ending is "happy". I don't want to wrap myself up in it and be sad at the end...I really don't know why this is, because I do face others pain and walk with them in it...Maybe it's because there's enough pain in the world, I don't need it in book and movie land too?
4) When I was studying in Barcelona, Spain during my junior year of college, I traveled with some friends around some of Europe. We bought a Eur-rail pass that took me from Barcelona to Rome (24 hour ride with 4 train changes), Rome to Florence, Florence through Venice to Vienna, Vienna through Bern and Geneva Switzerland (by myself) and then back to Barcelona. We slept in the trains when we could (at least two of the nights). I didn't think I would do any of this when I planned to study in Spain, because neither I nor my parents had any money. I just figured when I was there, that I was already in Europe, so I should try...My mom bought the Eur-rail pass and sent it over to me...it seems like that in itself was crazy because there was no e-mail! It was an unforgettable trip!
5) I have a twin and we recently found out that we are identical. We grew up being told we were fraternal because there were two placentas when we were born. However, we learned that that can happen with identical or fraternal twins and we finally decided we needed to get the DNA testing. She just had boy/girl, so fraternal, twins. Here is her blog with pictures of them!
I think we'll end up on Oprah if I have twins too!
6) Lacrosse is my love of sports. I played for 12 years from junior high through college. I have assisted in 2 college programs and coached at my old high school. I played goalie for most of that time and would never cry from the pain of getting hit by the ball (it did hurt) but would cry if we were doing a drill where everyone would just come down and score on me...But my favorite part of playing lacrosse was that my twin sister and older sister, Kristen, also played. We spent HOURS just throwing around to each other in our back yard and watching the sunset when we were through...good times, great sport! You should try it!
There you go. My 6 random things. Now it's my turn to tag 6 bloggy friends.
Here are the rules:
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random facts about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the taggers know when your entry is up.
Sara, my twin
Hope that some of you can do this!