Music Play

***Note to anyone who comes by here to listen to the music ...You will now have to scroll down to the player on the right side and press play yourself. This is to accommodate those who only come to read and are distracted by the music;}

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pre-School: Field Trip #2—Wetlands

My friend, Anita, is always showing me new places and things

it appears, even though, I’d much rather NOT BE, that I can

most definitely be a homebody:( or at least not

expand my horizons.

These pictures are from the Florida Wetlands where we took “the boys” (little Abby was on a trip with her Daddy) for our next Pre-school field trip.

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 184

I wasn’t able to get any ‘live’ pictures of the butterflies, but did get this one.  They were simply lovely.

We are having a lot of them fly through our back yard and it has been such a gift in this season.

I wrote a poem

“When Butterflies Dance”

that I think you might like:):)

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 185  The boys had such fun running and playing like boys while Anita and I ‘tried’ to point out the finer things around them…it was great fun;)

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 187 

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 188 

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 189 JJ is either pointing at a butterfly, duck or bird or???

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 190  Nature Walk, Open House, etc 192   Think “Baby Moses in the Bulrushes”

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 195 …wish I could tell you what bird this is…ay, yay, yay!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 196 snacks were necessary as they got tired walking these hills we have here;) Nature Walk, Open House, etc 200

Brandon had something to say!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 201 

 

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 203

Brandon was trying to keep everyone on the ‘straight and narrow’ as there are ‘gator infested’ waters right by it…we missed out on seeing any, but Anita said they had seen several the last time they came here!!! 

Brandon did not want any parts of them, but his little brother had other ideas!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 204

 

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 206

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 207

  The Boys digging in the dirt, but unfortunately, as always, we had to worry about the FIRE ANTS…one of the few things I WON’T MISS about living here!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 208 Little JJ had gotten bit earlier, but here he is, diving in…

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 209 

Brandon and JJ were much more cautious.

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 210

Little JJ is very tactile, which is something my JJ could use!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 211

I think this picture is cute, just look at my son;)

I think this is because I wouldn’t carry him…I think I shortly gave in…oh my 40 lbs. are too often on my hip these days!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 212  Sweet!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 214

Now to the real fun!!!

Running down the hills!!!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 215

  RACING!!!!!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 216

ON YOUR MARK!  GET SET!!! GO!!!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 217 Nature Walk, Open House, etc 218

Who’s Winning???

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 220 Nature Walk, Open House, etc 221

looks like stride for stride!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 222 - Copy  Nature Walk, Open House, etc 223 

Aren’t they just priceless…I love these boys!!!!!!!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 224 

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 225 The Grand Finale (besides McDonald’s on the way home!) was THE TRACTOR!!!

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 228  Nature Walk, Open House, etc 230 

Nature Walk, Open House, etc 232

Great times…

I have 2 more field trips, our Halloween pics…ay yay yay!!!!

and quite a bit more…bear with me, thanks for staying tuned!!!

No comments:

Background