Music Play

***Note to anyone who comes by here to listen to the music ...You will now have to scroll down to the player on the right side and press play yourself. This is to accommodate those who only come to read and are distracted by the music;}

Monday, February 16, 2009

Why I've been absent...

Well, thought I'd let all my blog friends on why I've been sort of absent...it's winter (even in Florida) and I haven't been taking many pictures because JJ has been doing most things with his papa (going to the park, going for walks, PLAYING...EATING (especially)...I mean everything except the cuddles just about) So, why is that?

Well, I've been really, really sick. I've been nauseous and tired for weeks, yep, you guessed it! I'M PREGNANT! I need you to comment and gush about this, because it's been hard to remember amidst the sickness.

Just for a quick re-cap. I am about 8 weeks along and started getting sick between 4 and 5 weeks and really sick at 5 weeks! I was unable to hold anything down, even ice chips and popcicles were hard. I had my first ob appointment and she was worried about me losing too much weight (i'm sure dehydration too) so she prescribed a great anti-nausea medicine that has helped many of her patients. It used to be incredibly expensive, but now with a generic and only a $5 co-pay it is so great that I can have it! It has helped me keep things down, but like with JJ, I have NO APPETITE for food...there is very little that appeals to me and if something does I get sick of it and it doesn't after a couple of days...so, that's what's been going on!

I've been spending a lot of this beautiful Florida weather on my bed, with the door closed so that I can't smell things in the kitchen...It's been sad, BUT as I've thought much throughout this, it's for the best reason that I am sick! I know I will get better (with JJ was better 11-12 weeks, hopefully the same, YOU CAN PRAY!) and I think of dear friends and family currently battling cancer or other infirmities without knowing if they will get better. I'm trying to keep perspective and am so thankful that Jared's job is flexible and he can help so much!

So, that's me...don't forget to "gush" in comments to encourage me!

7 comments:

Julie said...

gushing gushing gushing... I sent you and Jared emails too. I am praying, I know it is no fun.... hang in there, you will get a precious little one as a result!!! HUGS... you are doing great Abby!

janine said...

Feel better soon, sweetie!

I am so excited for you and your family!

lots of love!!

TarynFlagg said...

Congratulations! I can certainly empathize as the first 16-17 weeks with Abby and Emily were a complete nightmare. JJ is so adorable - imagine that you'll soon have another little one to love on! I'm really looking forward to hearing how things progress. We'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy.

Shauna and Ben said...

Ohh, poor girl! I never got that sick but I do remember not wanting to eat or especially SMELL anything for the first trimester! Hang in there!

Your son is adorable! I love his eyelashes!

So glad to peek into your life and to be back in touch!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! What exciting news! Hopefully the sickness won't last too long. We will be keeping you in our prayers and trusting in God that you will have a healthy pregnancy.

Staci Landis said...

We're so happy for you guys. :-) And...for gushing...remember the FIRST time you held, JJ??? That feeling will hopefully make being sick worth it. :-) It's the only time in life that being sick is worth it. You're in our prayers!

Chelle' said...

Awe Abs! I'm so happy to hear that you are pregnant. How wonderful! You will be over your nausea soon.... and JJ will be a big brother!!

We're celebrating with you!

Love you.

Background